To contact Kat drop her a line at katguevara@ymail.com

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mutation Nation: Preliminary Work


I submitted this image to Mutation Nation's forum today. I am pleased with some of the preliminary ideas for this concept, however there are some things that I need to handle. For one, the thing that bothers me the most is the kilt material. I looked at images of African warriors and found a group that wear these garments. However after sketching I don't like how it hides so much of the creature so I need to fix this.

I do like that I was able to figure out how to make the skeletal structure of the animal stand on it's hind quarters. I don't want it to look too human, with the proportions and all but I don't want to get rid of the dog's natural proportions either.

Another thing to consider is the weaponry. Originally I thought spears, but given the anatomy I don't think it would make sense. So, bow and arrow might work a little better, axes, or kuriki......

Getting down to the final piece which I will sketch out today after I shoot my models. Should be up in a day or so.

No comments: