To contact Kat drop her a line at katguevara@ymail.com

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Mischief Making

It's been a while since I posted anything on here so I thought I'd let the world (or what few people pay attention to this blog) know that I am indeed still alive (or at least risen from the dead) and still working on some things in regards to art.

So what am I up to? Well, I am still trying to sort out some things in regards to a portfolio after spreading myself out a bit too much in college between different industries. Right now some of the things I am tinkering around with include this Segmentation Challenge over on The Art Order.


Above is the final thumbnail that I decided on for the challenge. It targets preschool to kindergarten aged girls, which is not a normal target audience of mine (given the amount of pin-up and character work that pops up in my sketchbook.....the thumbnails for this are quite out of place in there). This was actually a bit more challenging than I had originally thought it would be, since a lot of my initial sketches started turning into pin-up or else otherwise targeted towards a more mature audience. 

Not 100% sure I will polish this one off. I was having fun with it while doing it to start, but inking digitally has proven to be a bit more frustrating than usual since my return to traditional inking with an actual brush and real ink. 

Other than the above challenge I am also tinkering around with past projects, and sketching out some (what I think are interesting) doodlies that may or may not get polished. 

Though over on Not Your Father's Pin-Ups  I noticed a recent call for entries to help out with the WWF. 

I saw that Ring Tailed Lemurs (which I am rather fond of) are on the list of endangered species. It made me think about a story a friend and I had begun writing together some time ago, and one of the main characters who has a biomechanical ring tailed lemur named Gidget. So it looks like I will be creating an image of said character with her lemur as a pin-up for the cause, you can look forward to seeing that WIP soon. 

And for now, it's off to pin-up.

No comments: