To contact Kat drop her a line at katguevara@ymail.com

Sunday, November 28, 2010

traeH yM ekorB uoY: WIP


Started a self portrait today in photoshop. I have an old ref I used and tweeked a little bit, then added the moon jellies in (I like jelllies). 


Droped a grey layer onto and worked directly on it to start getting some values down. Using a watercolor brush in photoshop. 





 Just about done for now, keep going later on.


Starting to add some color to this piece. I like it and I don't. Still using a watercolor brush. I like some of the strokes that show through cause it reminds me a little of actual traditional work (like when you dry brush in watercolors) but at the same time I don't like it. 

I might do two versions of this, one a continuation of the process I've already started, and one just flat colors over my line work. We'll see what happens. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is looking awesome Kat. Very very nice.